Friday, June 15, 2007

Our Fun Friday.......

Aren't Fridays supposed to be the best day of the week??? Here at our house it has been a crazy and funny day. Only at our house..........
My morning began at 4:45am when my alarm went off to go to the gym. I made it out of bed and had a great workout. I was home by 6:45. By 7:15 I had made a quick trip (18 min) to Wal-Mart to purchase more paint so that I could finish painting the "stadium scene" for our VBS which starts on Monday. The kids fortunately slept until 9:00am, so God was very gracious to give me some productive paint time. Once the kids were awake, we had breakfast outside. They began playing with toys outside so I continued to paint.
Payton has been doing so well using the potty this week so I decided to make today an underwear day! He did great in them for 30 minutes, then he decided to poo poo in them. Nothing is more disgusting than poo poo in underwear! Since I had just started picking up things so we could go in I decided to let Payton wear his dirty pants for a few minutes. Those few minutes became a nightmare as all the poop began to seep out his shorts. yuck! Since we were outside I decided just to strip him down and hose him off before going inside. Just as I got him naked and was washing him off Fed Ex came to deliver a package. Isn't that wonderful timing??!! I explained to him that we were potty training. He kind of grinned and walked away quickly. Just as the Fed Ex guy was getting on his truck, my naked son yelled, "Look mommy I am pee peeing by myself." Just as I looked over to praise him, the string of urine hit Reagan. Yes, Payton was peeing on his sister!
Since all that drama had occurred, I thought I was safe for a few hours. But just a few minutes after we had came inside Reagan dropped the surround sound speaker on her toe and tore her entire third toenail off. More drama!
So it is now noon on Friday, and I am worn out! Surely the last half of Friday will be less eventful at our house. On days like today you just have to smile!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my goodness is all I have to say!